Monday, March 15, 2010

Wait till Mom and Dad see this!

When I was younger, I was not the politically minded dynamo you see before you today. I was not the man I am now, with a gun under the bed, and a gun above the bed, and a gun in my living room, and a copy of the constitution framed in the kitchen and another copy not framed but just left in the bathroom for casual reading. Also, I did not have all the flags I now have, and the one I did have I only got out on special holidays.

No, I am ashamed to say, when I was younger, I was a lost soul. Sure, I listened to talk radio every day and talked about this country a lot and what needed to be done, and sure, I went to the big rally when George Bush Sr. came to town and even shook his hand once as he hurried past and shook hands with other people too, and sure, I had a couple of guns then too, but I was not the patriot I am today, no sir, not at all. For starters, I did not have a blog. Hell, I didn't really even know what a blog was until a couple of weeks ago, but look at me now! Here I am!!! Here I go!!! Off and running!! Also, I was not active in the Tea Party or even the Republican party, volunteering and stuff and going to meetings like now.

Anyway, when I was younger, my Mom and Dad used to say to me, "Michael, this country of ours is going right down the sh*tter, and what the h*ll are you doing about it? Nothing!" (Mom always had kind of a salty mouth. Sorry about that.) She was right of course, I was a worthless p.o.s., but she is going to be so proud of me now. Because now: look--look at this:


Did you see that? Did you see that guy with the red hat in the background? THAT WAS ME!! Two times!

Mom, I have seen the error of my ways. I am now an active patriot. That was me, getting active with the Tea Party, fighting for the soul of this country! Nearly Thirty-one years old, and it was all leading up to this!!!

My point is, America, that it's never too late for any of us to change our ways. Those of us who are already patriots can be better patriots!!! (That's what happened to me.) Those of us who are traitors and doubters can stop being traitors and start being patriots! I see the Lord's hand working on people like this ALL THE TIME.

Over at Craigslist.com's Albuquerque politics page, I have been writing a lot of little messages, and at first people were really just angry, the liberals were just so mean and angry, but over time, I have seen their hearts soften and their minds open, and I honestly think I have been able to convert at least one or two of them to the Tea Party and maybe also to Christ. It's like they were just on the edge of getting involved, and then they heard a man speak from his heart, heard a man exhort them to change their ways, and something just clicked inside of them. It is WONDERFUL to watch happen, and it can happen to you too!! Never give up, patriots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment