Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"A Bountiful Abundance of Tape"

Today, I was cleaning up around my family's computer room, and just had to laugh and laugh at just how much tape I found while I was doing that--rolls and rolls and ROLLS of it!

Maybe it's just because I work at Costco and so I really have a lot of fun opportunities to buy, like, different kinds of tape in bulk, or maybe I have merely in truth been blessed in ways I will not be able to fully understand until some more time has passed, but for whatever reason, I really have a whole, whole, whole lot of tape, and a lot of different kinds of tape.

Duct tape. Clear packing tape. Really clear post office tape. Scotch tape. Duct tape. And easily one hundred other kinds of tape, all of which you can see in the photo I "posted" right here.

Anyway, all this tape in one place really got me to thinking: why do I, Michael Weiner, one man, one very patriotic man but a man nonetheless, have more tape than I could ever use in seven months, while whole families of God-fearing, church-going Americans don't even have enough money to put food on their tables and tires on their cars? Why do I have so much, while others have near or next to nothing?!

The answer is, I will admit, I don't know.

I don't know, but I do suspect a couple of possibilities.

ONE!: that God is rewarding me, in this and in many other ways, for my devotion to Him and to our country, or at least to the country we once had, may she rest in peace and rise again.

And TWO!: that something is very wrong with America today, that under Jungle Chief Obama's fierce reign, some of us get ALL the breaks while others merely waste and starve and pine away.

Which is it? Well, it may be a bit of both, but in this life, at least, we may never really know. Until that great day, when we pass from this life into the next, when the fog of this world is lifted from our eyes and God's glory envelops us in its love, there will be things such as this beyond the ken of our frail mortal minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment